You wouldn’t run a marathon without training for it, would you? So, why enter flu season without defending your body from possible invaders?
Protecting our bodies from viral and bacterial pathogens is one of the most important things we can do to stay healthy and keep an active lifestyle. To keep the immune system functioning at 100% (or close to it…) we have to nourish
it like we would any other part of our body, like our muscles before a Crossfit competition, or our brain before an exam.
Regular consumption of bone broth is one of the most nutritious, delicious, and easiest ways to keep the immune system alive and strong. By increasing your daily dose of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential proteins, you are providing the tools necessary for your body to build a wall and fight back outside invaders. Of course, we aren’t claiming a “cure-all” here (nothing in life can ever be 100% safeguarded), but we are talking about a realistic and natural way to preserve your body so that when something awry does take hold, you have the necessary building blocks to fight back.
HERE ARE OUR TOP 10 REASONS WHY BRU CAN HELP WARD OFF THE FLU:
- According to a scientific study, Bone Broth may produce a mild anti-inflammatory effect resulting in the reduction of symptomatic upper respiratory tract infections. Think about it: a warm cup of nutritious broth can simultaneously soothe inflamed throats while replenishing your body’s key nutrients.
- Bone Broth contains a long list of micronutrients your body relies on to keep healthy. Think healing amino acids like glucosamine, proline, glycine (which plays a vital role in wound healing) and arginine, as well as minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, and sulphur. By adding BRU to your daily regimen, you help your body gain access to helpful micronutrients.
- Fresh Pressed Greens (found in our Hot Greens flavor) is high in vitamin C. Known as a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C helps fight off infection and regenerate other antioxidants in the body, including Vitamin E. Also present are Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese, this is a superfood that your body should never be without.
- Ginger and Turmeric (found in our Turmeric Ginger flavor) are nature’s anti-inflammatory pillars. Laboratory studies have found that curcumin (the chemical compound of Turmeric) reduced viral replication of 90% and more of cells infected by influenza virus. The anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals of ginger root will help to relieve a sore throat quickly, and actually kill the rhinoviruses (!).
- Coconut aminos (a fundamental ingredient in BRU) are considered high-antioxidant foods. Antioxidants, including many vitamins, counteract the dangerous effects of free radicals within your body, including boosting your immune system defense. Amino acids also play a vital role in muscle repair, brain and nervous system function, keeping your body healthy through any physical ailments.
- Every single BRU flavor contains a gluten-free chickpea miso: a delicious fermented product full of probiotics. Because the gut is wired to the immune system, probiotics can also enhance immune functions by increasing the level of beneficial bacteria. When pathogens outnumber beneficial bacteria in the gut, it can leave the body open to infections and other diseases. Keeping an adequate level of gut friendly bacteria is your surest way to keep healthy!
- Chicken broth contains a natural amino acid called cysteine, which can thin the mucus found in lungs. When we are sick, our lungs overproduce mucus triggering coughing attacks that can cause pain in the chest, lungs, ribs, and back area. By decreasing the viscosity of the mucus so it is less sticky, your lungs can expel it more easily and lessen the chance of uncomfortable, elongated coughing sessions.
- Bone Broth is easily digestible and puts no added stress onto the body. When your immune system is fighting an attacker, it requires all of the body’s energy to wage war (hence the reason you are tired and your muscles ache). By drinking a nutrient-dense beverage like BRU, you are immediately injecting healing properties into the body for quick absorption.
- BRU Broth quickly replaces key electrolytes and fights against dehydration. Water loss is a real thing when you are sick (a runny nose, the sweats, vomiting or diarrhea) and keeping your body hydrated is the easiest way to start feeling better.
- A warm beverage during the colder months keeps your body temperature up and systems functioning properly. When the body temperature is low, the body cannot maintain its homeostasis, causing enzymes, vitamins, and minerals to become "depressed". When your body is depressed and fighting to keep up normal functions, it is more susceptible to illness. Simply taking a thermos of BRU during an outing or sipping on your favorite flavor at your desk can help regulate your core temperature and keep your body in good condition.
-The BRU CRU